The Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems Working Group was organized by Dean Scott Smith and the membership is made up of faculty, professional staff and specialists from all departments and areas within the College of Agriculture.
- plan and coordinate college programs in sustainability related issues,
- promote the development of new programming and events,
- develop support for existing College programs which contribute to sustainability,
- work closely with those implementing the undergraduate Sustainable Ag undergrad curriculum,
- strive to integrate current instructional, research and extension efforts and, increase their visibility and impact,
- collaborate with campus and community level groups working on sustainability, and
- recommend to the College administration regarding needs and opportunities for investment and support in this area.